What a journey we've been through! When we were sitting down in Sverre's cabin at Easter 2016 and decided to start AVO, no one could ever have imagined that it would be such a success. I would say that we only had two goals really:
1) Create a workplace where we look forward to going to work. This should be driven by sincere and genuine people as well as a non-hierarchical organization where people decide and think for themselves. Everyone who works at AVO today knows that we create AVO together - and everyone has an entrepreneurial spirit. It is awesome to be surrounded by such smart people.
2) Work with technologies we sincerely believed in. After several years of a lot of hype around robotization and AI, we felt it was time for a change. Several trends pointed in same direction and the timing felt right. Although technologies were more sophisticated and more data-driven, they were also easier to use. We felt confident that "this time is different" and that robotization and AI would have a major impact on both organizations and individuals.
On a daily basis, I spend a great deal of time ensuring that we at least deliver the high standard that our clients already expect. Not only does it require that we challenge our own standards, but also establish a culture and develop teams that put high demands on themselves and their deliveries. I enjoy being involved in different client projects and asking all the simple questions (e.g. why do we automate sending physical letters?).
Apart from this, I really love winter. I book weekends from January to April with ski trips, whether it is cross-country or downhill. But I’m not crazy anymore, now it is more about having a good time (and I love red wine).
1. Age: 32
2. Education: Master in Economics, NTNU
3. Favourite food: Pancakes for dinner
4. Dream vacation destination: Himalaya
5. My role model: Kilian Jornet
6. Hidden talent: Awesome at limbo
7. Life motto: Spend enough time on things that are important - but not urgent